The history of our church has been one of steady progress. In October of 1955 a small group of dedicated Christians decided that there was a need for a Presbyterian Church in the growing community of Boynton Beach. The construction of buildings represents only a small portion of our history. The most important part of the story is the lives touched and nourished by our fellowship & faith.
The first worship service of this congregation was held in the Women's Club, on November 6.
Our present five-acre site was acquired and Pratt Fellowship Hall was built. This building served as our place of worship and Christian Education.
The East Wing of five classrooms was completed to meet our growing need for space.
Sanctuary groundbreaking ceremony held on May 26, 1963. The sanctuary was designed by Gustav Maass of Palm Beach. Seating 440 persons with additional overflow space. The sanctuary was completed and dedicated on November 17.
Our original 46 people have grown to a congregation of 331 members.
Construction of two large rooms. Youth Fellowship Room & a church library with conjoining board meeting room.
Pratt Hall was remodeled and air-conditioned, acoustical ceiling tile was installed, and addition of new storage rooms.
Sanctuary Roof was replaced
Formation of our needs and dreams into "A Vital Step Forward" ~ Planning for a vital ministry in the third decade of our existence with the building of a Sanctuary, a Chapel, library, nursery, social hall (Pratt Hall), offices and eight school rooms, and a beautifully planted courtyard.
We have a membership of 658
The local church of Boynton Beach discontinued the use of "United" in the name & is now known as The First Presbyterian Church of Boynton Beach and joined PCUSA.
Steeple struck by lightning
Dedication of Pratt Hall 1959
Dedication the of Sanctuary
Boynton Beach Woman's Club
Mrs. Ida Daugharty, eldest church member, assisted by Claude F. Hoffman & William B. Smith
Sanctuary roof replacement
Serving Pastors Timeline
Rev. Keith Love
Dec. 1st, 1955 - April 2nd, 1961
Rev. Earl Downey
July 2nd, 1961 - September 15th, 1966
Rev. Douglas H. Smith
Nov. 11th, 1966 - May 31st, 1982
Rev. Voris G. Brookshire, Jr
July 3rd, 1983 - Nov. 1st, 1987
Rev. M Randall Gill
July 16th, 1989 - March 1st, 2014
Rev. Stephen A. Moss
1973 - 1977
Dr. Harold Faust
1982 - 1983
Dr. Dean Dobson
1982 - 1985
Dr. John A. Lampe
1988 - 1989
Rev. Roger Verse
9/1/2014 - 3/31/2017